Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the Harborough District Community Lottery. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Be a non-profit* organisation that provides community activities or services within Harborough District, which are of benefit to the residents of Harborough District
- Have a constitution or formal set of rules appropriate to the legal status of the organisation
- Adhere to equalities principles with a policy or statement in place
- Have a bank account in the name of your organisation
- Have adequate insurance cover for the project
- Have no undue restrictions on membership
- Have a safeguarding policy in place if working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
*Non-profit organisations are defined as:
- Constituted groups with a volunteer management committee consisting of unrelated members who meet on a regular basis (at least 3 times per year)
- Registered Charities with a board of trustees
- A Social Enterprise (see www.valonline.org.uk/introduction-trading/legal-structures-social-enterprise)
Applications to join the lottery will not be accepted from:
- Any statutory bodies, including Parish Councils**, schools and academies***
- Organisations that do not provide services within the boundaries of Harborough District
- Organisations which aim to make a profit for the benefit of private individuals rather than the community
- Organisations that cannot provide sufficient evidence of their legal status and governing documents
- Groups promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity, or campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities and services within Harborough District
- Section 26 of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 places a duty on Local Authorities to have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism. In complying with the duty we must ensure that publicly-owned venues and resources do not provide a platform for extremists and are not used to disseminate extremist views
** Parish Councils may apply for specific projects to benefit their local Community not for their general funds.
***Parent/Friend Associations of schools and academies may apply where properly constituted independently from the school and where all other criteria are met.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Successful applicants to the Lottery scheme will need to:
- Provide evidence of all eligibility criteria
- Agree to spend proceeds from the Harborough District Community Lottery on community activities or services that directly benefit the residents of Harborough District
- Agree to a site visit/meeting before agreement if required and any further contact as deemed necessary by Harborough District Council for audit purposes
- Aim to sign up 20 supporters within the first month
- Agree to the name of the organisation being used in publicity for the Harborough District Community Lottery
- Inform Harborough District Council immediately if the organisation/group intends to disband, changes its aims, legal status or any other policy that may affect its eligibility for the scheme
The Council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason.
The council reserves its rights not to accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspects cessation will be immediate and the matter referred to the appropriate enforcement authority.
Harborough District Council is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purpose of processing personal data in the performance of its legitimate business. In order to register as a good cause for the Harborough District Community Lottery organisations/groups must provide key information and documents to support their application. This includes personal data, such as contact details, of key persons associated with the running of the organisation/group. We collect this information in order to:
- Check the eligibility of the organisation/group to register as a good cause in line with our Terms and Conditions
- Enable the Council to make contact with key persons associated with the running of the organisation/group in line with monitoring expectations. For example, initial and annual checks relating to eligibility
- Enable the Council to make contact with key persons associated with the running of the organisation/group on any matters relating to the Harborough District Community Lottery such as its progress, changes to how it is run that may affect participating good causes and special events
All information provided at the point of application will be stored on a password protected database managed by the Community partnerships Team at Harborough District Council.
All data provided, including copies of documentation, will be held by Harborough District Council for a period of 6 years after which the organisation stops being registered as a good cause for the Harborough District Community Lottery. Application information relating to any organisations/group who are not accepted for any reason will be held for a period of 6 months.
If you would like to find out about the information we hold about you, or if you want to complain about how we have handled your information, please contact the Information Governance team by email to [email protected] or on 01858 828282 You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (The ICO) if you think there is a problem by email to [email protected] or on 0303 123 1113.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Harborough Lotto website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Harborough Lotto - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.